Thursday, October 28, 2010

First Post! (All Smiles)

Why I decided to make a blog?!??

Maybe because I'm a bored college student and social sites like Facebook and Twitter... Really doesn't allow me to say all the ish I want to say... lol... Yea.
Truth is, I'd like to believe I have a great deal of information that is rather important. I know you've heard many people say that my generation is by far the worst yet. And in some respects, I agree. Through this blog I plan to change that opinion as much as I can. Not all young adults these days are throwing their futures away.. Hence, ME!. 
Unlike many of my counterparts, I have plans and goals that within the next 5 years, WILL come into reality.
Lets try to tell you a little bit more about Denae... hmmm  
At the union Writing this Post! Eating Sbarro...Good Ish!
As of this very moment, I am sitting in the Union of the University of Illinois @ Urbana-Champaign. Although I rarely, come here (because the food here is EXPENSIVE, and i have bills to pay) i thought this would be a comfortable spot to share my FIRST thoughts with YOU!
 This is my second year down in the Paign and I am loving it. I moved into my very first apartment this year.. with my ever so lovely BOYS! (Whom i absolutely adore!) lol
After I graduate I plan to continue my education at the the Rengency Beauty Institute , where I hope to obtain my esthetician license (skin care) and become a makeup artist.
I know some are thinking, how do you think you going to make ALL this money starting out... well i have plans.
After I take many classes, (London Eye Institute etc.) I plan to get a job at a department store such as Macys or Nordstroms or somewhere of that style to kind of perfect my craft. I plan to build my clientele base and hopefully, have a decent income starting out. 
Then i WILL open my own salon!! I've always enjoyed the atmosphere of women getting pampered and just being beautiful! So why not make a living surrounding it.
I will also provide my services.. who wouldnt want to get made-up right after you get your hair whipped!! PERFECT COMBO!
Im excited about my future.. and although my plans does not take off until maybe 2 years from now.. lm very confident and determined to be a SUCCESSFUL YONG BLACK WOMAN.
I have a long journey... SHARE IT WITH ME
-Denae Spearman

Until Next Time!! 





3 comments: