Saturday, December 11, 2010

My Distant Man

For a second...
I thought i found the most Perfect, Imperfect Man
Fell from a distance and caught a love never known to man
From his Swag to his Cockiness
Street Smart, But still a Gentle man
How could you not love this Simple Man
My Distant Man

For a moment...
We talked about us, us as in we
Together me and he
YET she interfered
Now the distance no longer brought serenity
More like Jealousy, 
Cuz she got to touch you in places I could never see
From a distance

So i Moved closer
Got to the heart of a True Soldier 
Told you my dreams and goals
Exchanged mindsets and Future Roles
No longer felt defeated by your little hoes
Cuz i knew your heart
and Hey thats the way love goes

No Separation between the two
Even though they both knew the truth
Words begin to fade
Yet arguments seemed to escalate
over and over
Until Lies made up our "Love"
You jumped out before we could Fall Together
Made it hard for me but i still stuck by your side through whatever
I never got the chance to say i was done
I was still searching for the chance to be your number One
You let me Fall without catching my Breathe
I was too Deep in love for you to just Leave my chest

My heart didn't understand what was going on
So i stayed around so it could patch up
what you had already done wrong
While you slept, fucked and sucked 
Every SHE you laid you eyes on
I waited.
To be appreciated by you
To no gratitude, i left with my heart tucked away
From a Love i thought i knew
From a Love i thought was you

To hear you say that what we had was never true
That our love meant nothing to you
That the tears i cried, was just water to you
That you had BEEN done...
You just thought i knew

From that moment on...
I realized my Distant Man
 Wasn't really a man at all
More like an adolescent wandering to find himself
So i leave with NO regrets
For you've taught me the strengths within myself..

-Denae





No comments:

Post a Comment